Notification of Copyright Infringement Claims
Bibdex Inc. ("Company") respects the intellectual property of others, and we ask our users to do the same. Material published through services provided by the Company may be protected by copyright and intellectual property laws of Canada and/or other countries. We ask that you respect the copyrights of others while using the Service and that others respect your copyrights in turn.
Bibdex Inc. is subject to the copyright and intellectual property laws in the jurisdiction of Ontario. Nevertheless, we grant copyright owners the privilege to notify the Company if they believe that an account user of the Bibdex service ("Service") has infringed the copyright owners' works. Notifications of claimed copyright infringement must be submitted in writing to the Company's designated agent for receiving such notifications.
Bibdex Inc. Copyright Infringement Desk
ATTN: Sunir Shah
88 Woburn Ave
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
To be effective, the notification of claimed infringement must be a written communication and must include the following information:
- A physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
- Identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed, or, if multiple copyrighted works at a single online site are covered by a single Notification, a representative list of such works.
- Identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit the Company to locate the material.
- Information reasonably sufficient to permit the Company to contact the complaining party, at least including a mailing address, telephone number and an electronic mail (email) address at which the complaining party may be contacted.
- A statement that the complaining party has a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and under penalty of perjury, that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the owner of an exclusive right that is allegedly infringed.
Last updated August 8, 2010.